Contracts for Difference (CFDs)
All clients (excluding residents of the US, Canada, Hong Kong, Israel and Australia1) enjoy electronic access to CCG CFDs,
OTC products that let you trade the difference between the current and future price of a share, an index or a currency-pair.
CCG Share CFDs2
In addition to the potential tax benefits, trading CFDs at CCG offers the following benefits:
- Transparent, Low Commissions and Financing Rates- The starting commission rate is only 0.05% on all share CFDs, with lower rates available for active traders. Overnight financing rates start at only 1.5%, also with lower rates available for larger balances. We challenge you to find a better offering.
For more information, see our CFDs Commissions page.
- Trade CFDs Alongside the Underlying Shares- Our Universal account lets you view and trade multiple asset types from the same screen. View the CFD ticker on one line and the underlying share ticker on the next. Trader Workstation, our desktop trading platform, supports stocks, options, futures, forex, CFDs, metals, bonds and funds all from the same account statement and same trading window.
- Margin Efficiency- CFD margin requirements are generally more favorable than stock margin requirements, and under no circumstances will they be worse. This is true for both Reg T and Portfolio Margin accounts.
- Efficient CFD Reference Pricing - The CCG CFD price reflects the exchange-quoted price for the underlying share. CCG uses its efficient Smart Routing technology to determine your CFD reference price. With other brokers, you run the risk of not getting the best possible price.
Our clients have the ability to add quotes to the exchange book in the same way they would trading stocks. This is possible because CCG will match all CFD orders immediately with a hedge-order. As a result a non-marketable CFD order will create a matching non-marketable order for the underlying share on the exchange.
CCG Index CFDs3
CCG Index CFDs present an opportunity to gain broad market exposure more easily than with many other instruments. CCG Index CFDs also offer these important benefits:
- Flexible Exposure to Global Markets- CCG Index CFDs can be traded in lots as small as 1X the index level. Unlike the related futures, CCG Index CFDs do not expire, saving rollover related costs and risks.
- Low Commissions and Financing Rates - Depending on the index, commission rates are only 0.005% - 0.01%. Overnight financing rates are just benchmark +/-1.5%.
- Transparent Quotes- Unlike other Index CFD providers, CCG charges a transparent commission. We don't widen the spread of the related future like some other brokers. The CCG Index CFD quotes accurately represent the spreads and price movements of the related future*, and there are no requotes. What you see is what you get.
- Margin Efficiency - CCG Index CFDs are margined at the same low rates as the related future, adjusted for contract size.
*CCG hedges all index CFD trades, and does not operate a dealing desk. Fills cannot be guaranteed in extreme markets.
CCG Forex CFDs
- Direct Access to Interbank Quotes- No hidden price spreading, no markup, no kickbacks. Just the combination of real time prices from 14 of the world's largest FX dealing banks plus a transparent, low commission that avoids the conflict of interest of FX platforms which deal for their own account.
- ECN-Like Market Structure- Our order book allows you to set orders away from or between the markets, and trade with other CCG clients as well as with the liquidity-providing banks.
- Automatic Overnight Position Rolls- For positions held overnight CCG applies a straightforward interest credit or charge based on the difference in the benchmark rates for the two currencies and a low CCG spread.
- FX Trader - Trade CCG Forex CFDs in our optimized FXTrader, which includes real-time streaming quotes, up and down indicators, trading volumes, pending trades, executions, positions, and average price plus P&L.
- CFD Trading is not suitable for all investors. Due to the leveraged nature of CFDs, trading these products may expose clients to losses which may exceed their initial investment.
- Your CFD agreement is with Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Limited, which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority ("FSA"), register number 208159.
1. Legal residents of the US, Canada, Hong Kong, Australia and Israel are prohibited from trading CCG UK-issued CFDs. Residents of Japan can trade CFDs issued by CCG Securities Japan (IBSJ). Singapore residents can trade CFDs except those based on underlyings traded in Singapore.
2. Eligible customers must apply for CFD trading permissions in Account Management, and ensure that they have a market data subscription for the listing exchange of the underlying share they wish to trade as a CFD.
3. For Index CFDs, clients must have a market data subscription for Index CFDs, which is a free subscription.